When I pulled it out of the wash one of the blocks had come to pieces. It was a block someone had made for me in one of my Quilting Bees. They had used reverse applique. All I can say is that I was so upset and sad. So much work went into making the quilt and now it was ruined.
My options are to un-pick the binding, the border then un-pick the whole block and take it out and make a new block and sew it in and re quilt it and bind it.
I can applique over the block with stabilizer and then just quilt around the tree through all three layers.
Either option sounds not so fun and makes the quilt something different. So needless to say it has given me pause in sewing.
Today I finally felt the need to sew and picked up Gwen's blue blocks and started to make some more blocks then I ran out of white kona. Of course! I still need to make 6 more white blocks and 7 more print blocks but I can't wait to get it done it is going to be soooo Gweniveve. Every print is different so every block is unique and also means that I have ALOT of blue fabrics!!!